Winter has arrived, and with it a bagful of ups and downs particular to the coldest of seasons. For every beautiful snowfall or New Year celebration, there’s a heavy cold or some winter blues to suffer through. While no crystals we know of have the ability to stop the rain or make the sun come out, making use of the correct crystals can ease the burden of many of those negative aspects of winter.
Cold & Flu
There is always a big spike of cases of cold and flu infections during the winter months, though there is still some debate among the scientific community as to what the exact reasons for this are. It is generally considered that the colder and wetter weather lowers our bodies’ immunity and allows the viruses to take hold easier.
The poor weather also closely congregates people in ways that is less frequent during warm weather. Obviously, trying to keep away from anybody coughing and sneezing is advisable, but not always possible. There are, however, several crystals with protective and healing abilities which you can keep on your person or about the home.
Crystals to Combat Cold & Flu
• Carnelian crystals are known for their ability to strengthen the immune system. They have healing and protective powers which we can harness to bolster our defences against the likes of colds and the flu.
• Malachite is another very powerful healing crystal which has natural bacteriostatic qualities. It supports the immune system and helps fight infection.
Take a Look at Our Wide Range of Crystals
Seasonal Affective Disorder
S.A.D used to be considered a simple and unique mood disorder, but has now been identified as a recurrent major depressive disorder brought about directly by a particular season. While it can and does affect many people during the summer, it more commonly afflicts sufferers during the winter months. Undoubtedly, this is due to the decrease of sunlight accompanied with the drop in temperature.
Typical winter weather such as biting winds and rain can contribute, but there is an interesting theory regarding S.A.D.’s origin. Some scientists believe that S.A.D. is an evolutionary hangover from an ancient ancestor that used hibernation during the winter as a means of survival. It is proposed that S.A.D. is an indication of a previous survival instinct that kicks in when food is scarce, such as in winter. The idea is that this ‘disorder’ would help reduce the necessary daily calorie intake we required.
Crystals to Combat S.A.D. Symptoms
• Bloodstone crystals are very beautiful but also contain a lot of healing energy as well as having a strong influence on your emotional state. Bloodstone can ease irritability, aggressiveness and impatience, all leading to a much happier state of mind.
• Turquoise promotes love, understanding and kindness, which are three key ingredients of happiness. It works best with the heart and throat chakras and will help purify your thoughts and behavioural patterns. It is also said that the power of Turquoise is massively multiplied when it is given as a gift.
This one bites everybody pretty hard every Christmas. We spend most of the year getting back on our feet just to get knocked back down again by the unavoidable Christmas spending. It’s not just all the presents, but all the extra food and drink we barely even think about before buying.
Luckily, there is lots of sound financial advice available for free nowadays. Money saving websites have made a myriad of information available, with tips and advice on how to minimise your Christmas expenditure. You can also use crystals to help attract a particular kind of fortune; financial.
Crystals to Attract Financial Wealth
• Citrine is a beautiful stone that attracts abundance, so use it in tandem with good money saving advice and they should help multiply your good fortune.
• Pyrite (sometimes called Fool’s Gold) is actually rather useful in attracting wealth. It is also well known for providing an energy shield to block out spiritual pollutants and negative energies.
Use Carnelian Crystals for Cold & Flu
All of the above (and below!) can lead us to a state of general stress, which doesn’t have one particular cause but is a culmination of a variety of issues. We’re lacking energy and motivation, while the money keeps flying out of the account twice as fast as we can put it back in. It’s a good idea to pre-empt this stressful time by encouraging serenity and calmness throughout your home, which in turn can help keep your thoughts and emotions stress-free. There is an abundance of crystals that can help you de-stress, so it’s worth exploring to discover those which exactly suit your personal needs.
• Amethyst is a good all-purpose healing crystal that can help soothe your worries in a number of ways. Amethyst crystals also happen to make some of the most beautiful looking ornaments, which make them perfect to keep around the home.
• Clear Quartz increases mental clarity by helping to clear the mind of anxiety. Holding a Clear Quartz crystal near your solar plexus and regulating your breathing for a few minutes will keep you calm and relaxed and ready to take on all the stresses your day tries to throw at you.
Every family is likely to end up having some sort of argument when they’re all gathered under one roof, especially when the booze has been flowing for a while. Simmering tensions bubble over or long forgotten slights are unceremoniously shoved back into the light. It might just be two particular family members whose differing political views always end up dominating the conversation.
While the wisest move is to seat them at opposite ends of the table and try and keep the conversation light and as far away from the incendiary subject matter as possible, you can also create an energy in your home which promotes familial unity.
Crystals that Promote Family Unity
• Aventurine crystals are often used in Feng Shui to create harmony between family members. It has an uplifting and balancing energy.
• Cherry Quartz is perfect for helping maintain family unity as it is said to heal emotional wounds and even aid spiritual growth.